Making ticketing and registration better with our new features
In 2019 we’ve worked hard to bring you the best of what we think event management can be. It’s more than ticketing and registration – we thought of new concepts to make your event and venue really stand out.
We focused on three specific areas:
- cashless payments for events and venues
- prepacked perks and benefits
- making ticketing, registration and access control more accessible
I’ll start with number three and in the following days continue with prepacked perks and benefits and ending with cashless payments for events and venues.
Making ticketing and registration accessible to anyone
We noticed that a lot of what we offer is great for mid-sized to large events but to smaller ones it might be a bit too expensive, especially if they’re designing boutique, designer events. In these cases our current business model, where we charge a certain percentage of ticket sales is not really working, as that percentage, however small, might be to much.
At Oveit, we’re working towards a more open model where anyone can set up their own event economy. To make this possible we need to get you started, even when you can’t pay our ticketing software fees. So we made it free for small(er) events.
Small is beautiful: the free software plan for small events
After careful consideration we decided that we could offer our basic plan (ticketing and registration) for events under 300 visitors, for free. Yes, you can now get free event software for all your events under 300 attendees. This includes both paid and free events. This is our way of supporting you and our passionate community of event planners for their startup events. Just like you, we’re builders and entrepreneurs and we’re here to help you.
So what do you get with the free plan for event management?
Let’s have a look at the main features you’re getting with the free plan:
- ticketing and registration: create multiple types of tickets, set different pricing points and start selling them instantly;
- direct payments in your account: connect your PayPal or Stripe account and get payments directly into your account, no waiting time required;
- registration forms: create registration forms for your attendees and buyers, extending the data you collect from your visitors;
- seated / non-seated: easily create seating maps or just allow for general access for your events
- customize follow up messages: add a personal touch to the follow up emails, after your visitors buy the tickets;
- discount vouchers: an easy way to create special promotions for your visitors;
- embed registration on your website: we think your registration, for your event, should be happening on your website, without competing events distracting your customers. It’s really easy to set up too: just copy and paste a short embed code;
- get your team on board: easily create sub-accounts for your colleagues, whether they are checkin staff, event marketers or any other type of staff;
- scanning apps for Android and iOS: the tickets are sent to your visitors by email and they can bring them with them either in printed form or digitally. Use our free apps to scan your visitors in fast and securely.
If this sounds interesting to you – check out an extended list of features for the free event app and signup now. If you registered sometimes in the past and your plan is not yet free – login to your account and go to the Pricing plan section. There you can choose the Starter account, free for up to 300 visitors.
Now I have to be open: there’s some great features that are not included in the free plan, like cashless payments or prepacked perks. Larger events (those with more than 300 visitors) also start paying after they’ve crossed the threshold. But we think this is a great start in helping you get your event off the ground.
Invite only tickets
We noticed there is a need for invite-only tickets, for all sorts of events, ranging from corporate, to conferences, to festivals.
The invitation only ticket can be easily set up in the ticket categories section by choosing “Private invitation” and entering an invite code:
When your visitors will see the embedded registration widget, they can enter the invitation code in the checkout process, as seen below:
As Oveit has grown to be a tool used by event planners all over the world we felt the need to make it a bit more local.
At first we’ve integrated several languages (we started with English and added German, French, Spanish, Nederlands ).
But that didn’t seem to be enough. One thing that was really necessary was a time zone setting. By default, when you register now your timezone is set automatically, together with date/time display settings. You can change them in your account settings later on.
However, we know you might organize events all over the world and now there is a setting for each event to have its own date-time option, according to where it’s happening.
One more thing – what happens when you need to register visitors at the entrance?
Box office ticket sales and registration
We have been receiving requests from our users about how they could reliably register visitors at the entrance. For a long time this feature posed challenges on how can it be used reliably.
Good news – we think we cracked it. You can now use Oveit for registrations at the entrance or issuing tickets on the fly in in the box office.
We are still testing it with some of our most loyal customers so if you don’t have it – shoot us a message or contact us via live chat and we’ll make sure you can use it too.
So here’s how you start selling tickets at the entrance:
- Press the + button right next to the ticket counter
- Choose the type of ticket you want to generate
- [ Optional ] enter the visitor details
- [ Optional ] enter registration form details, if any
- Generate & print ticket
That’s pretty much it in terms of ticketing and registration. We hope it makes your life easier and your events better. We’ll soon show you more details on the features we’ve been working on, especially in the prepacked perks and benefits area, as well as cashless payments.
Article written by .
Mike Dragan is the cofounder and CEO of Oveit and works daily on providing better tools for live experiences. Mike has a background in computer science and loves building digital products.