- Pingback: How do you prepare for a cashless event? - Oveit.com
Why use RFID and NFC technology within an event?
Because it is simple, new and fun.
Weather you are a marketing agency or an event organizer you will always try your best in order to succeed organizing “the perfect event”.
How do you ensure high-octane experiences within your participants and the overall experience?
No matter what kind of event you are hosting, technology is playing an essential role in order to maximize your consumer’s engagement.
The Near Field Communication (NFC) ushered in a new age of technology. This particular innovation, brings an added value to the traditional concept of events, representing the key solution in creating wired experiences.
NFC technology can be used via smartphones and other enabled badges and devices, with amazing benefits for both event hosts and attendees. Basically, it’s a small chip that allows 2 devices to talk to each other when they’re in close proximity.
What does NFC actually do?
Imagine you are attending an event. You booked your ticket online, registered and linked your social media profile to your registration.
When reaching the event you will be handed out a NFC wristband which will offer you instant access, connections, memories and chances to win sweepstakes.
Ticket, wallet and, why not, phone free!
The NFC wristband is uniquely programmed to you and allows you to tap on special designed locations in order to:
- Purchase drinks and food
- Check-in and shoot photos that can be automatically posted on your social media page
- Participate in challenges and win prises
- Rate your favorite products or shows
- Save playlists
- Check your Geo-location and your friends’
At the end of the event you can access your own memory bank where all your journey is stored. From photos, music playlists, food you’ve liked and many others.
Benefits for Event Planners
- Faster check in
- Less Staff needed – diminished costs
- Reduces queuing time
- Eliminates ticket fraud incidents
- Enhance Security
- Managing permission to specific access areas and lockers
- Collect information about attendees
- Track time spent in different points
- Ratings of products
- Inventory of gifts – reducing loses
- Tailored content – send specific information to particular attendees
- Gamification features (treasure hunt)
- Instant survey submission at the end of the event
- Data and statistics are gathered and shared with the organizers and sponsors for continued interaction with attendees as a tool for future campaigns
Benefits for Attendees
- Faster check-in (less time spent in line)
- Cashless wallet: tap & pay
- Social Media Posting (Photos, Check-ins, Songs)from different interactions
- Access digital content and information from own smartphones (maps, slides, planning of the event)
- Vote and rate favorite products
- Win sweepstakes
- Interactive challenges to keep the customer engaged
- Customized wristbands
- Geo-location (self and friends)
- Cost effective
- Creates interaction
- High quality print
- Water resistant and durable
- Tamper evident closure for maximum security
Integrating RFID and NFC technology within events is a simple process when using Oveit’s cashless payments solution and can have a significant impact. Knowing who your attendees are and what kind of interaction they are seeking is the most important thing that an event planner has to know. Once you know that, the rest is done by Oveit !
Article written by .
Mike Dragan is the cofounder and COO of Oveit and works daily on providing better tools for live experiences. Mike has a background in computer science and loves building digital products.